Darkness of photos.
The trailer for The Flash was released today. The film has long been controversial, thanks in large part to the antics of Ezra Miller, the lead actor. However, now the attention has been stolen by a new Supergirl named Kara – actress Sasha Kalle will appear on the big screen for the first time. The Internet is in awe of the fresh face, so catch a couple of facts about her and a bunch of photos.
Sasha Calle is the new Supergirl
- Sasha grew up in Boston and graduated from the American Academy of Music and Drama in Los Angeles with a bachelor’s degree in performing arts.
- At first, she starred only in short films, until in 2018 she got the role of Lola Rosales in the soap opera The Young and the Restless (since 1973). A couple of years later, Sasha was even nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the Outstanding Young Actor or Actress in a Drama Series category.
- Due to COVID-19, casting for the role of Supergirl took place via Zoom. Director Andres Muschietti and DC Films President Walter Hamada chose Calle from 425 applicants.
- Supergirl is Superman’s cousin with exactly the same powers. In comics, she first appeared in 1958, and in 1984 the heroine made her debut on the big screen. In the mid-2010s, a series of the same name was released.
- Kalle was also supposed to play Supergirl in a solo film that would have entered the DC Extended Universe. But the change in leadership at Warner Bros. Pictures first put the production of the tape on pause, and the recent presentation of the DC Universe showed new plans for the incarnation of her heroine. Supergirl: The Woman of Tomorrow is currently being written with a more hardcore version of Supergirl, where she is rumored to go back to her comic book blondness. Kalle will clearly lose this role.
Photos by Sasha Kalle