Portal Video Games Chronicle noticed that the CEO of Embracer Group Lars Wingefors (Lars Wingefors) as part of the presentation of the quarterly report told what to expect from the company in terms of major game releases in the coming years.
According to Wingefors, Embracer will release 31 AAA games by April 2028. These projects include those with significant budgets and those with more than 100 full-time employees at key times.
Of those 31 games, only six have been announced, four will be released before the end of March 2024 (Dead Island 2, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, Homeworld 3, Payday 3), 17 are in production, nine are in pre-production, and five are in development concepts.
As for Embracer Group-controlled companies, 31 big-budget game releases until April 2028 were distributed among them as follows:
- 11 games during this period should be developed by Saber Interactive — it definitely makes Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 and, according to rumors, a remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic;
- 8 projects expected from Gearbox Entertainment (Borderlands series);
- 6 blockbusters awaiting from Plaion (former Koch Media);
- 5 big-budget developments are being prepared in total within the walls of Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal — the first one helps The Initiative with Perfect Dark and is busy with the new Tomb Raider, and the second, according to rumors, has already taken up the next Deus Ex and continues to create an unannounced game based on new intellectual property;
- one AAA game is submitted by THQ Nordic.
It is worth noting that over the past five years, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal have released only three games for two — Shadow of the Tomb Raider (EM) in 2018, Marvel’s Avengers (CD and EM) in 2020 and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy ( EM) in 2021.
In total, Embracer Group studios have 224 games in development. Over the next fiscal year (until April 2024), 94 of them are planned to be released (only 36 have been announced).
Embracer’s next fiscal year releases include five Lord of the Rings games from third-party studios. We are talking about projects for both PC and consoles, as well as mobile devices.
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.